Scabs after hair transplant – How to get rid of them?
Hair loss is experienced by almost everyone in life. But if you are suffering from excessive hair fall, you need to undergo hair transplant surgery. In this article, you will learn about hair transplant surgery and how to get rid of hair transplant scabs.
A hair transplant is specially designed for those who are suffering from hair loss. Hair loss is a common condition, which is experienced by every one of each age group. If you are losing 100 hairs in a day, then it is considered as a normal hair loss. But if you start losing almost 200 or more than 200 hair strands a day, then you are suffering from hair loss. This condition can only be treated with the help of hair transplant surgery. No doubt, this surgery gives you desired results, but you have to take care of your scalp and newly transplanted hair.
After a hair transplant, your scalp experiences scabs, this can go away after some time.
What are Hair Transplant scabs?
Hair Transplant scabs are formed during hair grafting due to damage to the scalp leading and minor incisions. These scabs are usually developed on the 3rd or 4th day after surgery, but at this point, they are closely bound to the scalp. So, these are not a good thing to pick them up with hands. It takes a few days for this wound to begin to heal. Usually, these scabs collapse within 10 to 15 days; it depends on the number of hair grafts that are transplanted as well as the severity and the depth or size of the incisions. So, you do not take tension, because scabs protect the newly transplanted grafts.
Hair shedding with scabs following Hair Transplant
As scabs break, small hair grafts that have been transplanted during the procedure often usually fall out. This is normal during the hair growth phase. So, you do not take unnecessary tension about the grafts. You do not take tension, because your newly transplanted hair follicles are alive under your skin, which helps in new hair growth, which can begin in around 4 months. For any hair follicles that do not fall off with the scabs mature for 3-6 weeks and are usually shed.
How to clean scabs after hair transplant?
- To clean the hair transplant scabs you must start washing your hair only with baby shampoo because it does not contain any type of chemical. Make sure you have done it after 72 hours of surgery.
- Your specialist will surely advise you to wash your head in a bathtub full of water and baby oil, to help the scabs slough away.
- You do not try to pick up scabs by hand, because these affect your graft poorly, instead, you must brush them softly.
- Your specialist may prescribe you to clean scabs with saline spraying because this also helps in the healing process. After all, it does not affect the grafting process.
- You can get rid of scabs with the help of a massage. Make sure you do not use your nails to pick up scabs.
- As we stated above, you do not try to pick them up with your nails and hands, these will surely harm your newly grafted hair.
- You must avoid taking any type of Vitamin supplements, ibuprofen, and arthritis medications for a few days because these result in excessive bleeding.